Tuesday, April 7, 2009

50 Most Powerful Blogs

Here is the link to the blogging story:

The article about the fifty most powerful blogs is actually very interesting because it promotes the use of blogs, especially through the eyes of the media. Honestly, I have never really thought about blogging as another outlet for the media. However, after being in college for almost a year, certain media classes are exposing me to numerous media sources that I have never considered before. For instance, I'm finding that if you want to go into a mass media field, it is essential that you are familiar with certain aspects of the Internet and online websites, blogging included.

Therefore, I found it interesting that before the top blog in the world, The Huffington Post, was introduced, media companies ignored the web. However, post-Huffington treats the web as a marketplace. It's amazing the power that one blog can have over society. I was also fascinated with Dooce, the fifth most popular blog. It talks about how the founder represents thousands of people that want to share their lives with complete strangers. Blogging such as this is unique to me because it represents people who long to get their stories out into the world.


I've never really had any interest in blogging, but after reading about the top fifty most powerful blogs, blogging is more appealing. I think it gives average people the chance to make their ideas known to others. Of course, credibility is always an issue, but there is no doubt that blogging promotes a spread of information all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment